Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Lee hopes to lead Australia attack in World Cup

,
Injury-plagued Brett Lee wishes to spearhead Australia’s pace attack in the 2011 World Cup in February, but says he has a plan B ready and hinted coaching as an option if overlooked by the selectors.
Brett Lee
Lee will make his return to world cricket in Wednesday’s Twenty20 match against England.
Lee, with 15 wickets at 25 apiece, is the second leading wicket-taker in this season’s domestic one-day competition.
Lee, who has been 14 months away from international cricket, is in Australia’s provisional 30-man squad for the World Cup, which will be trimmed to 15 later this month. A squad for the coming One-day games against England is expected to be announced later this week.
“I hope that I’m in it and want to lead the attack for Australia. Hopefully I can bring some experience and different blood back in the team,” Lee, Australia’s second most prolific wicket-taker in the One-day game, was quoted as saying in Sydney Morning Herald.
“I’m ready to play and if I’m chosen it will be great, if I don’t I’ll work out plan B.”
Coaching could be one option as Lee has been mentoring the young bowlers at New South Wales this summer. “Potentially, but I’m still very focused on my cricket. That can come later on,” Lee said. “What I’ve been doing with the Blues and last year at the Champions League is playing a more senior role to the younger players, which I’ve really enjoyed.
“That gives me a lot of satisfaction and keeps me young as well. Hopefully I can do a bit of that with the Australian side as well.”
With Troy Cooley to quit as Australia’s bowling coach to lead the Centre of Excellence’s coaching panel, there could be an opening for Lee once he hangs up the spikes.
Nagchinna. Powered by Blogger.
 

News India24 Copyright © 2010 -- Posted by Nag chinna Shortfilmsreviews -- Author Nag chinna