Saturday, January 29, 2011

Australia seamer Nathan Bracken retires

,
Australia seamer Nathan Bracken, formerly the top-ranked one-day international bowler, has been forced to retire with a chronic knee injury.
The 33-year-old played in 116 ODIs, taking 174 wickets and was rated world number one in 2008.
But he had not featured since the sixth of seven ODIs against England in September 2009.
"I have enjoyed my cricket, but unfortunately knee injuries have taken their toll," he said.
The former New South Wales bowler, who suffered a number of knee injuries during the latter stages of his career, added: "I have had a strong rehabilitation from my last operation.
"I have also looked at altering my bowling action to reduce any further damage in my knee which would have enabled me to continue playing, but it hasn't responded.
"My doctor has advised that I may require further surgery to stabilise my knee, but to continue playing first-class cricket is now not an option."
A member of Australia's 2007 World Cup winning team, Bracken also played five Tests but failed to make a real impact and he was dropped for the final time in 2005 having taking only 12 wickets.
Nagchinna. Powered by Blogger.
 

News India24 Copyright © 2010 -- Posted by Nag chinna Shortfilmsreviews -- Author Nag chinna