Friday, January 28, 2011

'I would not go to Mallika Sherawat's extent'

,
Shraddha DasShe first appeared in the award-winning film, Lahore, last year. But that didn't really enjoy a good release, and create an impact.
So for Shraddha Das, this week's release -- the romantic comedy Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji -- is just the ticket to significant prominence along with being a more mass-enthusing occasion to flaunt her acting prowess.
In conversation with Ankur Pathak, Shraddha describes the thrill of being in a Madhur Bhandarkar film, the amount of sensuality she'd subscribe to, and also confides that it makes her immensely proud to have penetrated in an industry governed by family lineages.
Who is this hot new face that has the audience look up in rapt attention?
Oh my God! I don't know of this hot new face. But I'm sure people will speak about my performance.
I am a Bengali girl and come from a non-film background. I've done my mass media in journalism. I've also done a film called Lahore, which won two National Awards. During this period, I did around nine films in Telugu and one in Kannada. This helped me gain a lot of acting experience which was of great use while filming Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji.
How were you chosen to play one of the three female leading roles in DTBHJ?
Madhur sir had seen rushes of Lahore. Later, we had a meeting at his office. He told me that I fit the role perfectly.
The other thing was that I speak a lot, and I speak really fast -- something that is required for a radio jockey, which I play. So these were the few reasons why I bagged the role. Two days before the filming commenced, I was told I am a part of the film.
Were you aware that you'd be romancing Omi Vaidya?
Yes. There were more than 10 girls who met him for this particular role, of Gungun Sarkar and I was one of them. I always knew that if I'm doing the film, I'd be paired opposite Omi Vaidya
Nagchinna. Powered by Blogger.
 

News India24 Copyright © 2010 -- Posted by Nag chinna Shortfilmsreviews -- Author Nag chinna